MIND BOGGLING STATS ABOUT PINTEREST & BUSINESS IMPACT
Not convinced to add Pinterest to your marketing mix? These mind blowing Pinterest statistics, case studies and infographics will set you straight.
- Research from the Global Web Index notes that Pinterest took the lead with 57% growth in members .
- Pinterest is now the second largest social media network after Facebook.
- Pinterest accounts for 90% of social media shares on the web.
- Pinterest accounts for nearly 25 percent of all social sharing, and according to new data from Shareaholic, traffic referrals grew 48 percent from December 2013.
- According to Piqora, having performed “the first scientific and quantitative research” of 1,000 brands on average a Pin drives 2 site visits and 6 pageviews
- Pinterest is the 2nd largest driver of traffic from social media sites (next only to Facebook). Pinterest now drives more traffic to publishers than Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+ combined.
- According to Gigya, a social customer management and tools company Pinterest surpassed Facebook for “ecommerce related sharing in Q3 2013.
- Social media traffic referrals: Pinterest is the #1 slot for overall growth from Sept. 2012 – Sept.2013
- Pinterest generates more referral traffic than YouTube, Google, LinkedIn and Reddit combined. (Source: Shareaholic)
- Pinterest is more effective at driving traffic compared to other social media sites – even Facebook! (source: Hubspot