Who doesn’t keep secrets…hey we all do! Look to your Pinterest page as your new buddy to share your secrets with. What could we use a “Secret Board” for?
Here are a few ideas:
1. Boards in working progress. As I mentioned in the previous tutorials I recommend that you pin at least five images on your boards before you make it public. This is particularly important is you’re a business. Leaving your boards incomplete will tarnish your image and will create a negative first impression.
2. Gift giving ideas. Say you’re thinking of ideas for your aunt’s 50th birthday and she is a person who has everything; why not invite others to your secret board to give you ideas.
3. Bloggers “catch all” place for their projects. Pin a collection of; links, images and visual notes for your future blogs.
4. Party planning. It is a great way to start adding themes, flowers, decor, venue and so much more. It’s like watching something come to life in a visual way…how fun is that!
5. Travel guide. You want to plan a surprise romantic getaway for you and your honey, your starting point is somewhere tropical. It’s easy to get caught when you’re cutting out physical pictures so use a secret Pinterest board as a great place to store your ideas & images.
Photo courtesy of blog.pinterest.com
1. You can only create three Pinterest secret boards.
2. Private boards can be switched from “off” to “on” one time before it becomes permanent.
3. You can’t make existing boards’ secret boards. That’s why you have to go through the steps I suggested above.
Will you use the new “secret boards” feature? Can you think of more ways to use a secret board? Let us know in the comments below.