Pinterest Expert Tips: Last Chance for Small Businesses to Maximize Their Holiday Retail Sales
Retailers and ecommerce businesses will have a lot to celebrate this holiday season because according to a report from eMarketer shoppers are expected to spend a whopping $1 trillion US making this the biggest spending season since 2011. They are opening up their wallets between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Many brick and mortar retailers have gone bankrupt or have closed down. Retailers are using tactics to get shoppers into their stores by offering online shopping, pick up items in-store, smooth and efficient checkout and some have gone out of their way to even remodel their stores. Retailers will continue to face challenges with the continuing growth in ecommerce and competing online perks like free and fast shipping typically offered by Amazon.
What’s the reason for big holiday sales in 2018?
There are more jobs than people out of work, income are rising and high consumer confidence = the holiday shopping season this year will be a strong one for retailers in the US.
Why People Are Turning to Pinterest for Help?
- 87% of Pinners say the platform helps them find the right products for the holidays
- 66% of Pinners say Pinterest provides last-minute holiday ideas.
Pinterest Expert Reveals 4 Ways to Reach Holiday Shoppers on the Biggest Shopping Days
1. On Thanksgiving Day 2017 shoppers spent roughly $624 million shopping on their mobile phones which beat out mobile sales from Black Friday. Shoppers are looking for massive discounts on Black Friday Cyber Monday so tempt them with great deals that is hard to ignore.
2. The Monday before Christmas (December 17) will be the heaviest e-commerce shopping day during the holiday season as shoppers look to complete their purchases from the prior weekend. Pinterest have revealed four main types of holiday shoppers on Pinterest that will matter to your bottom line: The time-saver, the gifter, the guest and the planner. Check out how your business can reach them.
3. On the last Saturday (December 22) before Christmas half of shoppers in 2017 said they’d finish their shopping on this day.
4. Holiday shopping continues on December 26 since shoppers are redeeming gift cards and making exchanges.
Competition Will Be Fierce
For many businesses this is their last chance to catch up on revenues for the year. Pinterest ads will cost you more compared to other times of the year since many businesses are aggressively competing for more eyeballs on their site. To help you maximize the cost of your ads make sure you create Carousel pins. You’ll certainly get a higher ROI since you’ll be featuring more than five products and/or services in one pin.
RELATED: How to Create Promoted Carousel Pins
Brands Partnered with Pinterest to Create Unique Shopping Experience
1) Gift Globe
Gift Globe allows people input information about what they’re shopping for to get personalized gift ideas—simply by shaking their phone. Once shoppers find something that catches their eye, they can check out with the press of a button.
Pinterest partnered with Kohl’s, Lowe’s and Macy’s, to create three separate Gift Globe experiences that focused on specific product categories to help people on Pinterest discover and buy gifts they love.
2) The Etsy Gift Finder
The Etsy Gift Finder is a custom gift-finding tool that helps people find the perfect holiday gift based on personalized descriptors. Shoppers simply fill out the virtual gift tag with unique characteristics about the person they are shopping for and then receive personalized gift recommendations on Etsy.
Bottom line; you’re most likely not going to create new content on Pinterest to attract holiday shoppers. It’s too late for that. Continue to loop your holiday pins so you get more eyeballs otherwise purchase Pinterest ads (Promoted Pins) as they will be your best bet for getting more traffic and sales this holiday season.
Wishing you a successful holiday!
Pinterest Expert Anna Bennett Question: How Can I Help You?
If learning how to use Pinterest for business is overwhelming for you and you feel like you are going around and around with Pinterest and not getting anywhere please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, a Pinterest expert in management services and marketing expert. Not sure how to use Pinterest? My FREE Pinterest Marketing for Business online course is the best place to start.