What Is Pinterest Social Media Marketing & How Does It Work?
1. Pinterest is a new social media website. http://www.pinterest.com
2. Pinterest is a visual pinboard (picture board) that allows consumers to discover and share pictures, called pins about products and services that they love and desire, centered on interests, lifestyles and planning. Pinterest helps you find creative ways to show how your products & services fit into the lifestyle and needs of your target audience.
3. As of February 2013 Pinterest is worth over $2.5 billion.
4. In February 2013, Reuters and ComScore stated that Pinterest had 48.7 million users.
5. Pinterest founder Ben Silbermann says he wants to help people discover things they like and then go take action on it. Often this has commercial implications – people go buy stuff.
6. One of the strongest benefits of Pinterest is that when images are clicked the backlinks help drive traffic back to the brand’s website.
7. In fact, “Pinterest users spend 15x more on Sephora products than Facebook” followers, Sephora’s head of digital Julie Bornstein says. (Feb. 27, 2013)
How Does Pinterest Work?
1. People open a free account.
2. They select their favourite categories, (lifestyles, fashion, travel, food and beverage etc) post some pictures called pins on their boards and thereby begin connecting with other people based on their interests rather than friendships or professional networks.
What can Pinterest do for your business?
Pinterest can provide you with two powerful benefits better than any other social media platform.
1. Pinterest can become a new and massive source of new traffic.
– with millions of visitors to Pinterest daily – all looking for new ideas or stuff to buy Pinterest can funnel massive new traffic to your website or into your stores.
2. Pinterest also allows brands to leverage viral marketing and reach new customers at a blistering pace.
Free viral marketing example:
Kim Gordon and her then 15-year-old daughter Chloe started http://www.Popcosmo.com a trend-spotting website for teens. Chloe posted one picture of a do-it-yourself project and that one picture alone sent more than 10,000 unique visitors to their company’s web site in one month. Viral marketing at it’s best.
Click here to contact Anna to have your questions answered and to see a 15 minute webinar that will show you how to maximize Pinterest impact on your bottom line.